Welcome to Backpacking with my Lens! A go-to website for travelers who want to experience India like a local and for Indians who plan to travel abroad.
My name’s Meenakshi, I am a designer by profession and traveller by heart. Photography is something that I cherish and go on a Click! Click! Click! spree wherever I go. Japan is my dream destination and I believe that one day I will be sipping green tea while ogling at Mount Fuji. My present state of mind is blogging my heart out and sharing all the experiences and memories that I have been collecting from my travels.
Travelling has always been a thing for me. The travel bug stung me at a young age, thanks to my parents. You can say that my parents passed on their love-for-travel genes to me. Since then there has been no looking back.
Currently I don’t have any plans to quit my job and become a full time traveler, as it helps me travel 😉. Instead, I want to master the art of balancing my work and my travels.
‘Backpacking with my Lens’ a phrase that I religiously follow. I am not a big fan of huge luggage and expensive travel. I love traveling on foot, use local transports and do as the locals do. This is the place where you’ll find all about my travels. Everything that I experience while traveling, the best and worst things of the places I’ve traveled and tips & tricks to help you navigate around and enjoy the city to the core.
5 reasons why I love travelling! ✈️
- I get to see things that I don’t see in my daily life – different regions, different landscapes, different people and culture.
- Self-exploration – Being an introvert, traveling helped me discover myself and improved my social skills, which was fun (when traveling with new people).
- I got to learn different languages, culture and got to taste variety of cuisines.
- Adventure travel taught me to adapt and adjust whatever the situation may be.
- Ultimate stress buster for me.
Places I’ve been to
Andaman Islands (1), Chandigarh (1), Rishikesh (2), Haridwar (1), Amritsar (2), Kolkata (3), Guwahati (1), Shillong (1), Srinagar (1), Jammu-Katra (2), Gangtok (1), Darjeeling (1), Kalimpong (1), Manali (1), Dehradun (1), Jim Corbett National Park (2), Jaipur (1), Gwalior (1), Bengaluru (2)